Sunday, April 26, 2009

Motivation

I am the world's best consumer. I am easily influenced, love bright and sparkly things and when I see a movie I like, I want to be like the main character. And no, I'm not 13... although sometimes I wish I was. This weakness goes hand in hand with my never-ending quest to get in shape. Since I'm easily influenced by what I see, I often watch movies that will motivate me to get my workout on, eat well and look fierce.

When Into The Blue came out in 2005, I went to see it with one of my girlfriends on opening day. We went to see the 7:00 p.m. show and immediately after I dropped her off at home, I grabbed my running shoes and headed straight for the gym. I worked out religiously (for about a week or so) with Jessica Alba in a bikini always in the back of my mind... after 90 minutes of watching her prance around carelessly in a bikini sporting the most perfect tan would make anyone feel the need to hit the gym pronto.

I often find myslef renting beach flicks for motivation and I think it works really well - for me at least. The unfortunate thing being that I get bored easily and find other things to do. Anyhoo, another one I enjoy (and watch at least once a week) is Blue Crush. After watching it for the first time, I found myself buying mis-matched bikinis and running every other day.

So overall, although my obsession with beach flicks is usually somehow linked to spending money, I do make it a point to start a workout plan everytime.

I watched Into The Blue 2: The Reef this morning (wait until it's on the telly, in the meantime, rent Blue Crush) and I am back on the workout train. But now that I own a house and am on a budget, instead of spending money on a new gym membership or different colour bikinis, I'm making a new playlist for my MP3 player and starting my own circuit training. Running, lunges, squats, crunches and pushups. Along with a healthy diet - you wait and see...

PS South Beach is over. I quit.

1 comment:

  1. I love how you know the actual time we went to see the movie...4 years ago hahaha - you = hilarious!

    ReplyDelete