Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Recycling with style

This weekend cannot come soon enough! I am making my very first trip to an antique show and I could not be any more more excited! With my newly found hobby of constantly searching for house accessories and scouring second hand stores of used furniture that is in need of some TLC (did I tell you about my fantastic coffee table for $7.99?), I think I am ready to take on the mother load.

On Saturday, I, along with my boyfriend who I'm sure would rather be doing anything BUT this, will embark on a short road trip to Dundas, ON for the Christie Antique Show. I'm in search of the perfect china cabinet for my dining room that I can lovingly sand and refinish. After reading last year's article on the twice-annual Christie Antique Show in Style at Home Magazine I am so stoked about starting my own makeover madness of marvelous finds. The article describes the Show as "a mind-blowing 10 acres of vintage goods from more than 300 dealers." Could there be anything better to do on a Saturday??

Stay tuned for the before and afters. I'm bringing my piggy bank!

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm...vintage goodness. I only do vintage t-shirts though. Although, a coffee table for $7.99 is quite the deal.

    How do you get your dude friend out to this stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thought I might get a post with an update on the weekend! I'm excited to hear about the Antique show tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete