Saturday, June 27, 2009

Protect your peepers!

As the summer is in full swing, most of you are worried about sun protection and health hazards that are associated with overexposure to UV rays... One thing that may get overlooked are your eyes. With so many killer shades available nowadays, it's easy to sacrifice eye protection to score that perfect pair of sunglasses on a budget.

I've always had a super hard time choosing that perfect pair and usually opted for the fun and cheap shades that did absolutely nothing for me except give me a variety of colourful frames and shapes.

I recently came across these new bad boys. The Mexican label Carrera, launched in 1956, recently came out with a new collection of revisited classic models that made a huge mark in the 80s. The Carrera STROKE is my fave... LOVE, LOVE, LOVE. It has been redesigned to current tastes, shows a rock inspiration with metal stems and a coloured line running through them with golden tints. FIERCE.

Available at a number of locations, I found these (for those of you familiar with my hood) at Dixie Outlet Mall at Optical Place. Prices range from $140-$180. Cutie patootie Brad Pitt is also loving the Carrera come back. Here he's sporting the Carrera Gipsy 6!

No comments:

Post a Comment