Friday, July 3, 2009

Rookie renos

and why eager beavers should just sit down and relax...

Since this year's Canada Day fell in such an awkward time of the week, I thought I will tack on a vacation day in there as well and attempt to renovate my kitchen. Everyone says that the cheapest way to change a room is to throw a coat (or seven) of paint on everything.

Small kitchen, 48 hours, a few cans of paint. Easy peasy! Great idea in theory, but who the EFF decides to paint all of the kitchen cupboards a) in a day and a half, and b) with one can of paint!? Not only did I underestimate the time it would take, I figured one (small) can would do it - I don't have THAT many cabinets! Now I'm left with a 1970s refrigerator in the middle of my kitchen, no paint, no feeling in my arms and no motivation to continue.

I thought I would take a break and go shopping for cute window treatments - nothing. The best part of my 48-hour reno rampage was ordering pizza.

After painting most of the outside of all the cabinets and half of the pantry, I'm out of paint and the project is on hold. Why does everything look so easy on TV? Check out my before and aft... well, midders. I'll finish it, I swear. Just not now...





This is what the kitchen looked like before... A bit blah, no?






Aaaand the fridge in the middle as I still have some work to do behind it. Ugh...






As you can see, there is still a loooooot of work for me to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment